New Year’s Eve found me thinking that something was happening in 2020 - a little bit of digging to get to AWS Recertification and on to Certmetrics, and I see that 3 exams all have a Recertification Deadline of Apr 13, 2020:
- AWS Certified Developer - Associate
- AWS Certified SysOps Administrator - Associate
- AWS Certified DevOps Engineer - Professional
However, all is not lost, because on the recertification page we read:
You can also satisfy the recertification requirement by passing either the AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Professional exam for the Architect path or AWS Certified DevOps Engineer - Professional exam for the Developer or Operations path. For example, if you pass the AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Professional exam, this will satisfy your AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Associate recertification requirement.
The timing would confirm this, as I took the original Developer and SysOps exams before the DevOps Pro, which is why they expire together.
So I merely have to pass the DevOps Engineer - Professional exam to get all three.
It might also be worth mentioning that because I have thus far sat 5 exams (for 5 exam fees), I have 5 Tokens for 50% discount off my next exam:
- 70-532 Developing Microsoft Azure Solutions
- 70-533 Implementing Microsoft Azure Infrastructure Solutions
The two together led to Azure MCSA: Cloud Platform
Would like to get:
- AZ-301: Microsoft Azure Architect Design
- AZ-400: Microsoft Azure DevOps Solutions