I recently recommended a few books to a colleague who wanted something to read during the Coronavirus lockdown. Here were my choices:
- The Victorian Internet - interesting for its own sake and the parallels with the 90s.
- Crypto: Secrecy And Privacy in the New Code War - very interesting for the rise of crypto esp in 70s and 80s. Much of the policy stuff of the Clinton era was new to me.
- The Spy and the Traitor: The Greatest Espionage Story of the Cold War
- Permanent Record
And on my wishlist:
- Turn The Ship Around!: A True Story of Building Leaders by Breaking the Rules
- Sandworm: A New Era of Cyberwar and the Hunt for the Kremlin’s Most Dangerous Hackers